Thank you for choosing to stay at the Down Inn. Please be
sure to review the Terms and Conditions below:
- Our rates are charged per room per night and apply specifically to the dates quoted. All our rates quoted include VAT (except where shown as exclusive of VAT) at the prevailing rate and shall be subject to alteration in the case of a change in the rate.
- We operate at the best available rates and reserve the right to fluctuate our prices at any time. The price you agree to pay is confirmed at time of your booking and is non-negotiable
- If booked directly, no payment is taken for your stay until check out. Bookings made through third-party providers such as booking.com will be secured by deposit of the value of the first night’s stay. Any bookings secured with a guarantee are amendable or can be cancelled by 2pm one day prior to arrival. After this time your booking cannot be amended and, if you do have to cancel within these 24 hours, your 1st nights’ accommodation will be charged.
- On the day of your arrival, your room will be
available from approximately 2.00pm onwards. If your arrival time is likely to
be after 9.00pm, please advise the hotel reception so that arrangements can be
made to welcome you.
- On the day of your departure, we ask you to
please vacate your room by 11.00am.
- Early check in and late checkouts are available
on request. This is subject to availability.
- Should you choose to depart prior to 11am before
your agreed departure date; we will require you to pay the remaining cost of
- The Down Inn operate a non-smoking & non-vaping
policy throughout our hotel, including all bedrooms. A fine of £100.00 will be
charged to guests that do not adhere to this policy.
- We occasionally host functions until midnight
which may cause noise – if you would like to check if a function is taking
place during your stay, please contact us.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards.
- We offer a full lunch and dinner menu six days a
week, from Monday to Saturday, serving from 12-2.30pm and 6-9.pm on weekdays
and all day from 12pm-9pm on Saturday. On Sunday we operate a carvery from
12-8.30pm. Timings and availability may be subject to change.
- Guests are advised to contact us to book for
meals as the restaurant can get very busy.
- Guests may charge items of food and beverages to
their room, adding them to the bill payable on departure.
- Breakfast is included in the nightly room rate.
It is served in the bar from 7.00-9.00am on weekdays and 8.00-10.00am Saturday
and Sunday. Other arrangements can be made if requested ahead of time, subject
- The Down Inn does not allow pets of any kind,
with the exception of assistance dogs.
The Down Inn may cancel your booking (i) if the hotel or any
part of it is closed due to circumstances outside its control (ii) if the guest
becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership (iii) if the guest
is more than 30 days in arrears with any payment to the Down Inn (iv) to avoid
a breach of these conditions, or (v) if it might prejudice the reputation of,
or cause damage to, the Hotel, (vi) if the guest is abusive to The Down Inn
staff. In such event the hotel will refund any advance payment made but will
have no further liability to the guest.
The Management reserves the right to amend the contents of
these terms and conditions without prior notice. It is the customer’s responsibility to check
for any updates.
Notwithstanding anything contained in these terms, The Down
Inn will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations to the Client
in whole or part as a result of any of the following circumstances: strikes,
other industrial action(s), fire at or near the hotel, flood at or near the
hotel, civil unrest, dispute or commotion, act of God, legal action against the
company, not resulting from its negligence, preventing the supply of services,
electricity/gas cut, loss of water.
The Down Inn will take all reasonable steps to fulfil the
reservation to the best of its ability and in accordance with the details
provided. However, it reserves the right to provide alternative services of at
least an equivalent standard at no additional costs to the Client.
We reserve the right to review any agreements made outside of
our standard hotel policy not appearing in these terms and conditions that do
not constitute the best interests The Down Inn.
European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform is available at http://ec.europa.eu/odr